Thursday, October 14, 2010

3 Days of mayhem

Once a year i get to go to one of my favorite events. If you are thinking about coachella then you are correct. It is a 3 days music and arts festival where a bunch of free spirts meet in the desert and dance to the music that hits unbelievebly good feeling chords in your heart. you get to get away from your normal daily routine and just enjoy all the great live acts under a piece of art that is both beautiful and handy for hiding from the harsh sun. I have been to this event but never for the full 3 days well 2010 was the year for me, the three days i spent next to my tent neighbors from England and Australia will be one that is forever embedded into my hazy memory. i saw acts like Them Crooked Vultures who blew my mind and made me dance like i never knew i could they were trippy because they have have members who are amazing in their own right: Dave Grohl  from Nirvana, Josh Homme from Queens of the stone age, and John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin, the Gorrilaz who i finally got to see in person instead of holagrams & Julian Casablancas. The hightlight of the weekend for me was seeing the lead singer of Radiohead Thom Yorke with his solo act Atoms For Peace. I love Radiohead they are out of this world and seeing them clash with one of my old favorites like the The Red Hot Chili Peppers was a definate experience. while fighing to stay up i tried to take some picutres and here they are
along with a little poem i wrote the night of Thom's Perfomance







"In the middle of a desert,
On a day that melt souls
Entangled with harmonies that stem from the breeze
This beautiful thing that fulfills our chaotic needs
I can see the stars here and their delicate light
Makes me feel as if I can take flight
Why can’t I stay here and dance with the dark?
Move my body around and feel it brake apart,
At the end there is nothing but the faint beat
Low sounds of humming lure me to sleep" By me :D
Captured Movement <3

No comments:

Post a Comment